Saturday, August 04, 2012

Back in Nairobi with Hillary Clinton

Hey all, I've been in the bush with a great team of Americans, South African, and many Kenyan brothers and sisters.  We returned last night late to discover we would be sharing the Hotel with Hillary Clinton.  I actually thought the red carpet, increased security, and welcoming committee were for us!  Ha Ha! NOT!  All of the team is back, together, and safe.  Nicholas from South Africa will be leaving us within the hour.  It was a great time of fellowship, construction work, and ministry.  While the needs are often overwhelming, the joy and contentment of the Kenyan people are always noticeable and spoken about.  It shames me at times when I am blessed with so much but actually whine and complain because something is not like I(Emphasis on I) think it ought to be.  I am spoiled in so many ways.

Joe goes to town for water

Pastor Peter in the baptistry

Progress!

The foreign team!
It was a joy to get to see the children at the World Hope Children home.  They are growing so strong and mature. Linus( the first child I met in the area) and Robert Burk are doing great.  Robert is only about 15 months from graduation and is a ranked long distance runner.  He runs 14K daily, beginning at 4:30 am, and 26K on Saturday and Sunday.  That is an amazing thing to me.  He does all of this on a diet of Porridge in the morning, Gedere(beans and corn) at lunch, and Oogollie(Corn mash) for Supper.  This is not his diet of choice, it is all they are served.    None the less, they do not complain and smile more than I.  Wow, gotta love Kenyans.  In the words of Trace, as he departed Roberts company, "You are a better man than I am, I don't think I could live your life."  Well Spoken for all of us.  Oh, well enough reflecting.  All is good, we are back to over eating, and ready to begin our journey home.  Here are some pics.  Stay tuned.  I love you all (especially my family) and hope to see you soon! David

No comments:

Post a Comment