Wednesday, March 06, 2013

India 2013

Half of first night crowd
Hey team, it is the last day for Sutton McKee and I to be in India.  I have a few shots for you but will include more soon.  Sutton has taken some great pictures and video, and as soon as I have access to some of it I will put it up.  Here is some cheap stuff from my trusty iPhone to start with.

  We started our time with two evenings of large group campaigns.  The team estimated about 2000 people the first night with around 150 decisions for Christ and 3500 the second night with an additional 250 responding.  I would have guessed a little less on both nights and many of the respondents for the evenings came both nights, but that is far from relevant.  It was their first attempt at an event like this, there was good attendance, they learned a lot for future events, and their were people added to the kingdom of God.  How can that be anything but really successful?  I am really pleased with the work ethic of our contacts Raju and John.  Both Pastor local churches and both worked real hard to assimilate a team of volunteers.  Their effort and obedience to their journey has now increased their account in heaven with life change and new members of the family of God.  Way to go guys.  The really exciting moment for me came the third day.  Over 200 Pastors and leaders came together for an intense day of training in evangelism.  We were able to agree on a single objective for all followers and leaders, (intimacy with our Heavenly Father) and a single metric for a successful church. (new believers added to the fellowship) It was an exciting time of growth and revelation to many of the leaders.  I long for the day when a conference like that could take place in my own American context.

Sutton ministers to a new leader
Javier in the Emergency Room
Just before the last day of training, I received disturbing notice of an accident injuring our close friend (adopted son) Javier Pontifis.  While pitching a no-hitter against rival Martin High School Javi was fielding a ground bunt down the first base line when he and the runner collided.  His cheek bone was broken in 3 places.  Please lift up this family as they endure this difficult part of their journey.  Praise the Lord, Javi found out yesterday there appears to be no permanent damage to his eye.  He will meet with a surgeon tomorrow to see what procedures will be necessary for correcting his cheek bone.  He is a fine young man, great student and superb athlete.  He will bounce back and start his career at UYA in the fall.  Pray for him as he endures this set back and disappointment for his senior year of high school.  I love you javi, and I am sooo sorry.   
Prasanth a new leader who I got to Baptize 

No comments:

Post a Comment