Monday, February 11, 2013

KENYA MEMORIES

Hello Friends.  I am now in Nairobi after a wonderful time in Lemoru Kenya.  My trip started out in Eldoret before we were even able to get to town.  Our son Robert Kibet Burk had to have a birth certificate in order to graduate High School.  I am happy to say that after several trips to town, many casual smiling meeting with the officials by the Mosungo (white guy) who brought blessings from America (money) we were able to complete the transaction and he received his official certificate on Friday.  Next I went to the World Hope Childrens home and school.  This is a place where TSEA came along side another ministry to complete the buildings for a school, orphanage and AIC church in 2005.   I was able to address the entire student body (600 1-8 graders and 300 9-12 graders) and share the hope of an intimate relationship with Christ.  The last night I was there we had a big party!  The ladies fried 25 chickens (PG-13 pictures to follow) 20 lbs of fried potatoes, and Chipati ( a flour tortilla fried in oil) plus cokes for every one.  The children were served first and the community elders said it was something that had never been seen in Lemoru.  After I explained the work of a cardiologist (ha ha J/K)  we talked about the 3 point strategy I had preached all week.   
1.)Pray First
2.)Work Hard 
3.)Have Fun 

This strategy comes from 
1.)Prov3:5-6,  
2.) Phillipians 2:12-13  
3.) Neh 8: 10 and Rom 15:13

Robert and Daddy Burk signing adoption papers
In all I was able to visit 8 schools , with more than 4000 students, each of them responding to the gospel and His Spirits work.  Wow what a week.  I am tired.  The conditions are different in the Rift Valley than Arlington TX  but I find the Joy of the Lord is my strength.  Well, more later.  Let's see if I can get this uploaded.  Love you all.  Keep running.  The time is short.  
The new Church being used from last July Project 
David addresses World Hope Primary students
Robert and Silas in front of Roberts after graduation home.  

No comments:

Post a Comment