Friday, June 26, 2009

The King of Pop is gone.

I am heading home from a student camp in Arkansas and listening to the comments, remorse, grief, hatred, and admiration of Michel Jackson. While he was one of my own contemporaries, and I did have the words to ABC and Rockin Robin memorized as a child, I never really appreciated the genius of his talents until I was older. Unfortunately, Michael Jackson is the model of so many in my generation. He was gifted beyond the normal, prospered above almost anyone else, and yet never found contentment in life. He was used and taken advantage of by those most closely related to him, and he never found innocence in a relationship. In the end, he died long before the reality of his short existence came to him. I was at a youth camp when the news came and I announced it to the students that the King of Kings is still alive, but the King of Pop was dead. Then it happened. More than half of the attenders clapped and cheered. It was more than I could stomach. What in the Heck are we thinking? Michael Jackson was a beautiful, creative, innocent, talented creation of the God of the Universe. Life with sin skewed this reality and separated him from his eternal purpose, but it was the purpose of God to save him from himself every last second until he breathed his last. [this is the same reality each of us live with] But my question, how can we be raising another generation within the church who are haters of God's creations? Well, this group may have learned a little something last night, and 126 entered into a perfect relationship with their God this week. Michael is gone, as each of us will be soon enough, and we can only hope that the God of the Universe worked eternally in his heart and life before his passing rather than slipping off into hell eternally separated from life. If my article disturbs you and you don't rejoice in the good news, you might be one of the ones who is calling yourself the church without the love and compassion of Christ in your heart. If so, do us all a favor and stay home this Sunday. Spend some time with Him and either let Him change the way you see people or stop calling yourself the church. Well, gotta live fast, my time is coming soon! Love you all, Love God, and Love people!
David

No comments:

Post a Comment